Lagging and freezing is a commonly known issue faced by IPTV users. Most Premium IPTV Services do not usually lag or buffer on their streams. But some poorly configured or buggy programming could cause some services badly buffering. But those who are known and verified as Reliable service tends to use powerful streaming engine and high end technology with caching servers, load balancer and cdns to give you seamless experience such as FalconTV Premium IPTV Service.
Things to do when you are facing unusual Lags and Buffers
Any IPTV users can apply this techniques to fix lag issues.
1. Restart the Wi-Fi
Sometimes the Wi-Fi for sending too much data in and out and for serving too many devices at once, can cause the HD streams lag for the TV. Restarting Wi-Fi helps the device refresh it’s settings and cool down.
2. Restart the TV/Firestick/Box
The set top box whether it’s a Shield Pro or Firestick or any android or Mag device, has background apps running and also has processing and depends on RAM. If it’s used for a long time or getting a load from background apps, can cause the CPU and GPU overheat, resulting the IPTV App perform slower. Restarting the device helps it clear the useless processes. You can also Close Background apps by other means.
3. Check the Internet Speed
You can Test your Internet Speed with a few apps that are available on Firestick App store and also Play Store. If your speed is lower than 40MBps your IPTV can lag on HD channels.
Most Popular Speed testing apps are:
- Internet Speed Test App
- Fast.com (From any browser such as Firefox)
Reset / Reboot your Account from Provider
In some rare cases your account with your IPTV Service Provider can get out of sync or sloppy, technology has it’s hiccups. You might wanna get re-activated or re-set by your IPTV provider by contacting them.
Uninstall or Close Background Apps
You might wanna check if your Firestick or the Set-Top-Box you are using if it’s running too many background apps those can consume larger Data from Internet. These days no app is static and constantly sending and receiving data from internet.
Most Popular Background Process Management app:
- Background Apps & Proccess List
4. Use a Premium VPN
Using a VPN helps your Streaming Speed Stabilize and Enhance along with protecting your privacy. Most Internet Service Provider are with Cable and VOD service so they wouldn’t want their customers streaming from outside their network, yet they have less resource to fill the demand gap. So they throttle speed and it’s mostly done manually or with a algorithm which detects your usage. Using a Premium VPN, will mask your connection id and provide you a Freedom to browse and stream.
Most Popular and well known VPN
How to install ExpressVPN on your Firestick
- From the Home screen, go to the magnifying glass in the top left corner to bring up the search bar.
- Search for “ExpressVPN” and select the first result
- Select the yellow Get button to download and install the app.
- When the installation completes, open the app by clicking the yellow button again, which now reads “Open“
- Assuming you already have an account, select the option to Sign in
- Click through the setup process by pressing OK when prompted to complete the configuration and set up a VPN connection
- You can choose whether or not to send anonymous diagnostic reports to ExpressVPN in the background. This is up to your personal preference.
- Click the large button with a power icon to initiate a connection to a nearby ExpressVPN server, or select the smaller Choose location button to connect to a specific city or country
- You’re connected! The VPN will stay connected in the background while you use other apps.
Thanks for reading! Stay in touch for latest news.